Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cirque du Freak Fan Fiction -> Princess of Darkness

~ Prologue ~

Gasping for breath, I stumbled blindly down what I had hoped was a busy street. By the way my footsteps echoed, I could assume that it was not. Cursing my own stupidity, I finally gave up and collapsed. I could no longer see or use my right arm, due to the organ's and extremity's absence. I knew that I would have no chance at survival, seeing as the year was 1695. I must have been forsaken, for the humans from my village were still tracking me down. Cursed fools, believing that I was actually a witch! God, curse those who kill 'witches' for a living. I hope that-
I paused, for I heard someone walking toward me. I hoped that if I acted dead, they would leave. Instead, the person- a man, by the way he walked- he bent down to look at me. My heartbeat sped up as he said, "You do not have to die like this."
I hesitated, then replied, "What do you mean, stranger?"
"I mean, that I could save your life. However, I cannot replace your eyes, I can give you a new arm. Please, come with me. My friends and I can take care of you and you will not have to deal with those so-called 'Witch Hunters'. What do you say?"
"Who are you, sir?"
"My name is Larten Crepsley. I am a traveling performer with the Cirque du Freak. Please, let me and my friends heal you." I sensed that he held out a hand. I flinched slightly, then blindly felt for his hand. He laughed and pulled me up to my feet, supporting my weight as he lead me back to the Cirque.
"Tell me, young lady..." I nodded to show that I was listening. "What is YOUR name?"
"My name is Amari." I laughed at my lack of manners.
"Of what heritage do you fall under, Amari?"
"I am Japanese. We came here with the English in hopes of building our own country, as you must know, Mister Crepsley."
"Oh, please, just call me Larten." I felt that he must have smiled, so I smiled back. "You will, probably, want me to become your apprentice, no?" I asked, smirking slyly. He looked down at me questioningly. "I know what you are. Back in my country, we call you a 'ヴァンパイア.' You are here for a worthy person to call your 見習い, no?" He hesitated, laughed, and nodded.
"私は、マスターに参加します。" I answered, trying to bow low without falling. He nodded and replied, "Well, then. Welcome to the Cirque, Amari."

No comments: